Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Keep Truckin'...

(alex.)(amber.)(ernst.)(gus.)(me.)

I finished everything for my first critique for Adv. Photo 1 tomorrow (actually today). I'm not totally thrilled about it, but I am just completely tired of doing these little assignments. This one had to be inspired by early 19th century and Victorian photography. In both my photo classes I have semester long projects that I feel I should be devoting my attention to, but these little assignments are seemingly unnecessary. I guess I thought my senior year would be more focused on an exit portfolio, or at least allowing me to focus on work I am interested in doing. This project did however have some positive inspirations on what I'd like to do.

First, I would like to continue this recent trend of shooting film to continue. Luckily, I have basically taken over one of the schools view cameras for the semester. I'll take it back when they make me.

Secondly, I have plans to attempt to shoot photos of as many people that I know as I can. I'd like to do this all in 120mm film to keep it coherent. I would really like to have a relatively large catalog of people I have come into contact with while in NWPA. Time's running out, but I am still going to try to get as many people as I can.